According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), if current trends continue, one in three U.S. adults will have diabetes by 2050 (currently it is one in 10). The options are clear: we either learn the facts about sugar and diabetes today, or live with their consequences tomorrow.
Come up to speed fast in this crash-course on insulin resistance, preventing diabetes, and the different types of sugar in food. Learn tricks to reading nutrition labels that reveal the daunting amount of sugar in common food. You’ll also get clear, non-biased explanations of alternative sweeteners like xylitol, stevia, agave, HFCS, aspartame and more.
Until now, much of this information was not readily available and was obscured by medical/technical lingo. With over 200 illustrations, this condensed, quick read will bring you up to speed on the basics:
- What is sugar?
- The surprising amount of sugar we eat daily.
- How sugar raises cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- What the body does with sugar.
- The pathway to Type 2 Diabetes.
- How to deal with sugar addiction.
- Sweetener choices.
- Plus, over 50 pages of recipes and strategies to add more healthy food to your diet.